How You Can Benefit from a Caregivers Support Group
Being a caregiver can feel isolating and even frustrating at times. Joining a support group for caregivers can help you to deal with some of the shared challenges. Getting support from a group and addressing your needs, can help you to become a better caregiver.
Here are 8 top benefits of caregiver support groups:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Reducing depression, anxiety, or distress
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
- Getting advice or information about practical solutions or treatment options
- Improving or learning healthy coping skills
- Getting a better understanding of what to expect in the future
- Improving caregiving skills and giving better quality of life to your older adult
- Learning about ways to keep your older adult at home longer
Join Our (almost) weekly support group Coffee with the Caregivers
We meet every Saturdays, except the first one of the month, at 10am. Right now it’s through zoom but we’re hoping to return to in-person meetings.
About this caregiver support group
Have you ever wanted to ask another caregiver a question about how they cope with the tasks, worries, and routines of caring for a loved one with head and neck cancer? Would you like a chance to share information and learn from others who are in your shoes?
A special support group has been formed to provide such a forum. Caregivers can benefit from sharing their particular challenges and victories, or simply hearing from others who are going through the same things. Taking care of ourselves helps us better take care of our loved ones.
Visit our meetings page and read more about our support group for caregivers.